Instructional Development Unit (IDU)
The Instructional Development Unit is responsible for:
- preparing resources and referencing material on the latest developments in the area of teaching and instructional methods and approaches,
- providing recommendations of the role of assessment, methods of assessment, and generating rubrics,
- organizing training courses, seminars and workshops on TL ,
- preparing and updating appropriate teaching and learning policies & implements and promotes PSU Learning and Teaching Quality Framework, coordinates local and international program accreditation efforts.
- Mr. Ian Rennie, Director of English Department, phone ext: 8640, Office: E216 [homepage] [profile]
- Dr. Hala Ismail, English Department, Tel ext: 8623, Office: xxxx [homepage] [profile]
The Instructional Technology Unit is responsible for:
- Providing the technological assistance to faculty in improving the course delivery and management (from smart boards up to LMS).
- Assessing the faculty needs in their teaching related to technology and provide up to date systems for improving learning outcome.
- Providing support and technological resources to enhance classroom experience.
- Training faculty and students on all relevant technologies.
- Providing technological support for collaboration and group learning.
- Providing and promote e-Learning systems.
- Providing resources to build multimedia course content and train faculty on the use of these resources.
- Providing resources and training to build online web-based course content.
- Mr. Muhammed Murtuzar Rehman, Lecturer, College of Computer and Information Sciences, phone ext: 8281, Office: TLC-Rm2 (located in MEGDAM area)
- Ms. Fatin Al-Mobarak, CIS Lecturer, College of Computer and Information Sciences, College for Women, phone ext: 8323, Office: 312